Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Great Outdoors

We had a wonderful weekend.  Looking over at Absolutely Beautiful Things I see we're not the only ones enjoying the beginnings of warmer weather.  A soccer presentation got us all out of the house nice and early and applying some serious sunscreen to stand on the oval waiting for formalities and trophies.  Luckily the sprinklers were running on the grounds so the kids all went for a run through to cool down afterwards.

Home again to do some more work on my project - very exciting!  I'm refreshing a bench seat we've had on our back deck for several years.  I've recovered it before and last year threw a temporary rug over it to hide the worn out cover but now I'm doing the real thing.... here's the "Before":

 Here's the inspiration for the new colour scheme (remember the little bowl from Bison?).  I found the fabric in my sewing box - no idea where it came from... perhaps someone will recognise it?!


So, a bit of a sand and tidy up and the undercoat is already an improvement:


I've chosen a lovely paint colour - Dulux "Adrift" which is quite fitting for my state of mind at the moment.  Watch this space...

So, a resting husband, happy kids doing house swaps back and forward all day with friends and me out the back with a paintbrush.  Still managed to put a meal on the table and all sit down together to enjoy - now, that never happens... just who is that woman?  She's not around here very often!

Hope you had a good weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment